Hey there Globe and TM users! Has this ever happened to you? You take a trip outside of the country and realized that you didn’t activate your roaming before the flight. What to do? We heard a lot of your questions on how to activate your Globe roaming abroad. Well, worry not because we have a solution.
Activating Globe Roaming Abroad
What you need:
- Php 100 load in your prepaid phone to enable activation.
- Php 100 on your daily balance in order for the service to continue working.
- Once abroad you will automatically get a text from Globe/TM to activate roaming
- Reply GROAM YES to the given number to activate
Once you’re done, your Globe Roaming (GROAM) status will be activated but maybe next time, check if you have activated your roaming so you won’t be in this predicament. If you need further assistance regarding the activation of your roaming service, you may call the TM Roaming Hotline +6327301212 using another TM number. There’s no charge calling this hotline.
If this doesn’t work find a computer cafe and contact globe through their Twitter account @talk2Globe to ask for activation.
Once you have landed back to the Philippines you would probably like to turn off roaming. Here are the steps to do so.
Globe Roaming Deactivation Process
- Simply create a text message with the code: “GROAM OFF”
- Send this to 2884
- Make sure you do this within 24 hours or arriving back in the Philippines.
Via Globe’s Self-Service Menu
- Dial *143#
- Choose Roaming & Int’l > Deactivate Roaming
- You will receive a message confirming the activation of your roaming signal.
You will later receive a message once it has been confirmed to be switch off. Hope this will help in all your future endeavors.
If you want to know how to activate roaming for Sun or Smart, check out our previous posts.
Would you like to know the network of your mobile number the easier way? PreFIX PH is the Philippines’ first ever intelligent phone book app that labels and sorts your contacts by network. We have prefixes of Smart, Globe, Sun, Talk’NText, and more.
This amazing app also includes the following features:
- Mobile Network Checker just by typing to first 4 numbers (ex. 09XX)
- Pass-a-load to any contact on your preferred network
- Promo Directory with a list of all promos available on your preferred network
- Group Messaging to text friends and family on the same network
- Identifies your contact’s network before calling or texting
So what are you waiting for? Download the PreFIX PH App now and never get confused with your mobile prefixes again!