Sim card not working? Wondering what happened? It’s problems like this that give you a headache thinking to yourself what could have caused this. There are many reasons a sim card could not be working. I’m here to name a few.
- Sim is Broken
- Check for any cracks or dents
- Look for some discoloration on the gold part
Unfortunately, if this is the case, it’s probably time to go get a new sim card.
- Sim is dirty
- Take out the sim and check for dust.
- Check if there is grime in between the lines of the sim
Try cleaning the sim with a soft and dry cloth but also be careful not to break or scratch it. Insert it back in your phone and check if the sim works.
- Phone has a network problem
Try restarting your phone, turning on airplane mode and turning it off, or try to reinsert the sim card.
- Sim is loose in slot
- Is sim moving in slot.
- The sim is falling out a bit
Apply a little pressure to the slot but not to hard. Check is the solt is holding the sim properly.
- Wrong network provider
- Check in setting what network provider you have chosen
- Open the Settings menu on your phone.
- Now, you will need to look for the section related to Mobile Networks. Different phones have different labels for it. Usually, you can find it under Connections or Networks.
- It will read something like ‘SIM cards & mobile networks’; tap on it.
- Now you will see something like ‘Network Mode’ or ‘Preferred network type’. tap on it.
- You will see many options, such as LET, CDMA, GSM, and more.
- Choose the one that is supported by your mobile carrier.
If you are not sure, it is best to get in touch with the customer care of the mobile service provider.
With a now working sim you are now free to text and call all your contacts and enjoy all your sim promos.